At the Ian M Hassett Foundation we like to dream and we often dream BIG.
- Our first goal was to create a mobile art trailer, filled with art supplies that would be free to students........The Artist Exchange hit the road in 2015
- Our next goal was to host an gallery show, showcasing the talents of previously unknown artists........Unseen No More began in 2015
- We dreamed of impacting our community by partnering with other art foundations to help students learn their craft.......each year we sponsor a teen mentorship class led by The Arts Fund of Santa Barbara supporting local mentor-led classes for teens The Arts Fund Mentorship Program
- We dreamt of enriching the lives of the intellectually challenged adults in our area by providing them with free monthly art classes........that dream became a reality in July 2016 with the beginning of our stART - Igniting a Passion for Art classes at the Vocational Training Center.
- Our Artessey program consists of field trips for local high school art students to either San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara. The students have the opportunity to visit local art museums with trained, knowledgeable docents and tour local colleges/university art programs giving the the chance to see what a career in the arts could look like.
And we aren't done dreaming yet!
Click on any of the links above to find out more about our ongoing programs.
our newest program.......Artessey. Thanks to a large grant we received from the Women's Fund of Northern Santa Barbara County, we are able to offer field trips to every public high school in the Santa Maria Valley. These field trips consist of an all day trip to either Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo and include visits to local college art departments and museums, giving art students a chance to see the possibilites of a career in the arts.